Saturday, February 21, 2009

deep water

We are all on an arduous journey right now, feeling both very alone and connected. I have felt like I have been tossed and pulled upside down by the extreme emotional state that I have been in all entire week. I am exhausted by all of the information that is coming in through both expected and unexpected ways. My biggest challenge is to be vulnerable and to keep my heart open. I want to shut out all the changes and go back into my preferred stance of cave like serenity. I don't know if it is so for others, but I have always liked to stay just a little bit apart from everyone else. I have valued the separations as a time to resource and create. It has many wonderful outcomes, including writing this blog, my water color paintings, meditation, reading wonderful and charming books. However, this has also served to isolate me. It has served to keep me and other adults from really feeling what is going on.

If you know the story of the frog. If you keep a frog in warm water and slowly turn up the heat, the frog will stay in the boiling water and die. If you put a frog in very hot water, he will immediately jump out. We are like the frog. We have been in the dirty water for so very long that we don't have the common sense to jump out.Now, We are jumping and going crazy. We are jumping from economic fears, from serious illnesses and deaths, toxic discoveries in our environment, huge climactic events, dramatic deceptions etc. Perhaps, we ought to understand that these changes are assisting us in making the shifts that are needed. We are all connected. WE ALL NEED EACH OTHER all of the time. We are linked together energetically. No one will heal unless we all heal, no one group will recover economically unless all groups do, no place on earth will reclaim its beauty unless the planet becomes beautiful again.

It is certainly time to jump our of our isolation/ contemplation, and make some changes. We are being charged by the "we generation" ( our children and grandchildren) to assist them in making a difference while we still can. There is a great video that expresses much of what they are feeling.
.

Please watch this video and let me know what you think about their request! I am humbled and remember feeling the optimism and the hopefulness as a hippie. I remember seeing the world as thought it were filled with radiant colors and endless possibilities. I would love to bring the feeling back.

PS I cannot seem to add the link. If you are interested please contact me and I will send it to you by email. Thanks for reading my blog. I really appreciate that you take the time to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment